Thursday, April 9

Boot Camp

After a very informative rodeo queen seminar known as 'Boot Camp' wrapped up in Ogden, Utah the fist weekend in March, Alex Romero and myself ackowledged the inner energy within us, Mountain Dew! As many of you know I am an avid Mountain Dew drinker and any moment I can show my enthusiasm for this drink, I will! But all joking aside, Alex and I were able to walk away from the clinic with an enormous amount of knowledge! Everything from the size of an association bronc saddle to the 'dos' and 'don'ts' of what to wear for each part of a rodeo queen contest. By the time my year is over as Miss Rodeo New Mexico I will officially be a "tom-boy" gone bad by becoming a girl! Who knew that with a little instruction and guidance I would be able to do my own hair, make-up, and even pick out my clothes; man won't my mother be so proud of me!! Ha Ha Ha :)

Good luck at the New Mexico State Fair Queen contest, Alex! I know you will make Valencia County proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment