Friday, October 23

The Daddy of 'Em All

We arrived at the Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo on a Sunday, but you wouldn't have know it was Sunday unless you looked at a calendar. The atmosphere on the grounds of the CFD makes it feel like it's always Friday! Most all of the state queens come to the PRCA Large Outdoor Rodeo of the Year to see for themselves the history and traditions that still stand for the western way of life that are preserved in this extraordinary rodeo. To accommodate all the girls who want to come, we applied to attend and Ms Arlene Kissinger rotated groups of girls in and out of days that we were assigned to be there (another reason that it is such a BIG deal). So the group I was in began our four days in the capital of Wyoming with a Taco John's party at Ms Kissinger's house and from there we went to see Sawyer Brown in concert on the rodeo grounds! Each day we either had a parade, breakfast, the rodeo, and other events that were planned for us to attend. From sun-up til way past sun-down we were having a great time representing the sport of professional rodeo as well as enjoying the activities of the CFD! It was nice to see old faces and meet new friends at the Daddy of 'Em All! The western way of life that the Cheyenne Frontier Days represents is something that everyone should see and attend! Please visit there website to get more info at www.cdfrodeo.com and enjoy what I saw while in Wyoming!

Daddy of 'Em All!! Pretty darn cool!

From the western grandstands looking eastward.

And now from the eastern grandstand looking westward.

This is from the eastern grandstands looking southward towards the time-event end.

And this is me being 'tough'! Do you believe it? Haha, cause I sure don't!

" Breakfast is served, come and get it!!"

The idea is to toss it onto the platter, but the trick is that you have a good catcher! Either my catcher didn't have his game face on or the pitcher was way off aim? Who knows.
I first met this gorgeous girl when she came as Lady in Waiting for the CFD Queen in Santa Fe a year ago at my rodeo! Now I came to visit her at her rodeo in Cheyenne! My really good friend who I admire, Kim Kuhn!!!

Oh and look who I found!! Miss Rodeo America Meagan Ridley, so I say to her, "Meagan, there are no sopapillas in Wyoming. We must travel south for that delectable treat!!"


All I can say is......this is a first.....and maybe the last, because this is in permanent ink!

No comments:

Post a Comment