Wednesday, October 14

Rodeo de Santa Fe

In the capital of the Land of Enchantment, the Rodeo de Santa Fe has been a tradition for over five decades. Just off Rodeo Drive, you can see the huge grandstands of the arena and every year this rodeo kicks off the week of more rodeos and money to be won than any other time of the year, known as Cowboy Christmas! Big names such as Trevor Brazile, Fred Whitfield, Speed Williams, Will Lowe, Billy Etbauer, just to name a few, make this stop their first of up to 25 other rodeos all held during the 4th of July week.
I was very priviledged to have been treated with such great hospitality! Not to mention my home away from home with the Massengills in Pojoaque. Even though I rodeoed with them most of my life, they just won't let me 'be the queen'! Maybe that is because they know how I act when I rope and tye goats?
The rodeo is always stacked full of great livestock contestants as well, when the 'Duke of the Chutes' comes to town, you know Harry Vold is bringing is best! If you ever are up the in the northern part of New Mexico and want to experience the western traditions, head on over to the Rodeo de Santa Fe and see what you find!

No comments:

Post a Comment